Enable Rewards and Polls
Once you have decided that you would like to utilize some gamification features to boost your program, you can enable and then create Perks on Smarp shown as followed:
1) Click on the tab “Settings” and the subtab “Gamification”.
2) Under Perks you can enable rewards and/or polls by ticking the corresponding boxes. In addition, select at least one admin who should be responsible for the rewards and/or polls. The admin will receive a notification email when users would like to redeem a reward.
Create a Reward
On Smarp, the Rewards are similar to goods/services that one can "claim" in exchange for the points that he/she gain on Smarp.
1) Creating a Reward that users can claim with their points is very easy. First, make sure that you are in the Perks tab and locate the Rewards section there. Next, click the button "+ New Reward".
2) Note that there are a few places where you can further customize the Reward:
- Title: the name of the reward. Example: "Movie ticket X 2".
- Image: you can upload an image from your computer or use the URL to an image that you would like to use for the Reward showcase. Make sure that it is enticing!
- Description: a short description of the reward such as what it is, why it's a great reward, and the requirement to take it.
- Points: the amount of points that a user must have to claim the reward. As an admin, you can review the amount of points that users have gained in the Users section. Please remember to set the points required at a level where it's neither too low (which may lead to a significant amount of rewards that need to be delivered - imagine if you have only 3 tickets to a company event to give as rewards over a set period of time, then you don’t want to make the prizes too easily attainable!) nor too high (which may be too hard to achieve for the users). We suggest that you set the points awarded per action based on your understanding of the potential frequency of those actions.
3) Lastly, once you finish customizing the Reward, simply click "Create" to publish the Reward. Also note that users will not automatically receive a notification of a Reward being created. Hence, please email your users or create an Internal Post on Smarp to introduce the new reward!
Create a Poll
Poll is another great way to engage your Smarp community (examples). Users can vote with the points they gain on Smarp.
1) Under the Perks section also lies the Polls feature. You can create a poll by clicking “+ New Poll”.
2) Next, you can further customize the Poll:
- Poll title: name of the poll
- Date period: the duration during which users can vote in the poll
- Poll description: what the post is about
- Choices: here you can further customize each choice in the poll with titles, images and description of the choices
3) Lastly, once you finish customizing the Poll, simply click "Update" to publish the Poll. Also note that users will not automatically receive a notification of a Poll being created. Hence, please email your users or create an Internal Post on Smarp to introduce the new Poll!
Note! Polls are not available for domains that have Groups.
On Smarp, you will receive a notification email if a user claims a Reward if you input your contact email in the Settings.
You can either follow the "Deliver reward" button or head straight over to Smarp's Perks section to deliver the reward.
To view a list of users who have claimed a reward, you can choose "x pending claimed item(s)" on that reward.
In addition, to view a list of the claims that have been fulfilled, you can also choose "List of delivered rewards".
If you have any questions regarding setting up the gamification features above, please remember to be in touch with your Customer Success Manager!