You can now also upload video posts to Smarp. If this is not available for your Smarp domain, please contact your Customer Success Manager for further information.
Selecting a video
You can choose a video from your device to upload it to Smarp.
Image thumbnail will be automatically selected from the video itself.
However, you can always replace the thumbnail image with something more suitable. You can do this by clicking the 'Browse' button and selecting another image from your device.
Under the 'Configure' step you can choose the right channels and campaigns for your post.
Please note that video posts are only for internal reading.
Step 3. Confirm
Under the 'Confirm' step you will be able to write your own thoughts about the post and why you wish to share this video with everyone.
Once your post has been successfully been posted, you will see the following message:
Please note that the video might not be immediately available in Smarp as once the video has been uploaded, we will still need some time to finish finalising the video. Once all this is done, the video will become visible on the main feed. If you do not see your video immediately, please give it a few more minutes for everything to be completed.
- Video formats that are supported are mp4 and native iOS and Android videos.
- Size of the video should be less than 0.5 GB.
- Viewing up to 1280 x 720 p, 24 FPS (3000Kbps)
- Video posts are only available for internal reading.
- Editing video posts is possible and you can edit the title, channels and other configurations but you cannot replace the video to a completely different one while editing a post.
- Thumbnail can be changed while editing.
- Video posts will only be visible upon completion of uploading and transcoding. After the video has been successfully uploaded to Smarp, we will still need to further transcode the video and once all this is completed, the video is visible on the post feed.
- Instant post and proposed post notifications will only be sent when videos are processed.