Steps to Set Up SAML SSO on Smarp
- Align with your CSM in order to request SAML SSO to be enabled
- Initialize creation of a new Smarp Service Provider application on your Identity Provider, for example Okta, One Login, AD, GSuite, ADFS or any other SAML 2.0 compliant IdP. There is the detailed instructions for reference of ADFS admins attached to the bottom of the page.
- Smarp’s metadata URL can be downloaded using next link: <instance_subdomain>.smarpshare.com/saml/sp/metadata
- Smarp service provider supports the following attributes in the SAML assertion
- EmailAddress (Required
- FirstName (Optional)
- LastName (Optional)
- After configuration is completed, provide the Smarp team (Smarp CSM) with IdP metadata (attach xml file to the email or provide the Metadata URL).
- Wait for confirmation from Smarp CSM that configuration is applied on Smarp side
- Test that configuration is correct by using <instance_subdomain>.smarpshare.com/saml/sp/select link. Users should be logged in into your Smarp instance automatically using this link and following the IdP instructions.
- If there is any unexpected error then check the FAQ for possible hints/solutions or ask Smarp CSM for the support.
- If everything works as expected then let your CSM know about it and provide the date and time of enabling (switching on) SAML to all users on the instance.
ADFS Step By Step instructions: