Steps to Set Up SAML SSO on Smarp
- Align with your CSM in order to request SAML SSO to be enabled
Once this has been enabled from Smarp's side, SAML SSO settings will be visible under settings.
As a first step, please download Smarp metadata file from the interface:
- Initialize creation of a new Smarp Service Provider application on your Identity Provider, for example, Okta, One Login, AD, GSuite, ADFS or any other SAML 2.0 compliant IdP. There are the detailed instructions for reference of ADFS admins attached to the bottom of the page.
- Smarp service provider supports the following attributes in the SAML assertion
- EmailAddress (Required
- FirstName (Optional)
- LastName (Optional)
- After the configuration is completed on your IdP, please upload the metadata to Smarp by clicking the 'Upload metadata file' button.
- Test the configuration by clicking the 'Test the configuration' button:
To test the configuration, you will be directed to log in through your IdP provider. If the logging in flow works, the configuration has been successful.
6. If everything works as expected, enable SAML by clicking the switcher:
7. If there are any unexpected errors then please check the FAQ document for possible hints/solutions or ask your Smarp CSM for the support.
ADFS Step By Step instructions: