In Smarp users can acquire points for certain actions, like creating or sharing content, but what can they do with their points? Well, as a Company Admin, you can enable Perks for your company Smarp domain whereby users can redeem rewards using their points.
A Company Admin can enable and edit the settings for Perks and Rewards for their company Smarp domain under the Settings tab in the menu bar by selecting Gamification from the left-side list. All settings set here are valid for the whole company Smarp domain as gamification settings are set on company-level.
You can Enable rewards by checking the box and disable rewards by unchecking it. If rewards are enabled, the Perks tab will be visible to users in the menu bar:
You should also input a person's or an Admin's email address in the field 'Emails of people in charge of rewards' as these people will receive an email each time a user claims a reward. If no email(s) are in this field, no one will know if a user claims a reward.
Admins are in charge of creating and handing out rewards to users in their company Smarp domain. Smarp does not handle nor give out any rewards. Admins can see all rewards for the groups in their company Smarp domain by navigating to the Perks tab in the menu bar.
Create a Reward
On Smarp, Rewards can be, for example, goods or services that a user can "claim" in exchange for the points that they have acquired on Smarp. Admins can create new rewards from under the Perks tab in the menu bar. Creating a Reward that users can claim with their points is very easy and can be summarized in a few steps:
1. Rewards are created on a group-level, so first choose the group for which you want to add a reward.
2. Click on the button + New Reward.
3. Add the following information to your new reward:
- Image: upload an image from your computer or use the URL leading to an image that you would like to use for your Reward.
- Title: add the name of the reward so that your users know what they will get. For example '2 x movie tickets'.
- Description: write a short description of the reward, for example, what it is, why it's a great reward, and any requirement for claiming it. You can, for example, mention here if you want your users to provide any information when they claim it, like their email or home address so that you can send the reward to them.
- Points: set the amount of points that a user must have to claim the reward. As an admin, you can review the amount of points that users in your company Smarp domain have gained in the 'Users'-section. Please remember to set the required points for your reward at a level where the points are not too low nor too high, so that users can achieve that amount of points but not too easily.
4. Lastly, once you have finished customizing your Reward, click Create to publish the Reward. (Please note that users will not automatically receive a notification of a Reward being created)
Deliver a reward
You will receive a notification email if a user claims a reward if you have input your email in the 'Emails of people in charge of rewards' field under the 'Settings' tab in 'Gamification'. The email subject will be Smarp reward claim pending.
If you click the Deliver reward-button you are taken directly to the Pending rewards list for that reward where you can see a list of the users who have claimed that reward but have not yet received it. Alternatively, you can go to the Perks tab yourself and click on X pending claimed item(s) under the reward in question, in this example it would be the '2 x movie tickets' reward, and you will see the same list of users who claimed that reward.
When you have sent or given the user their reward, remember to click Deliver under the pending rewards list so that other admins know that this reward has already been delivered. You can view a list of the claims that have been delivered by choosing List of delivered rewards on the Perks page.
You can see when the reward was delivered under the ID column by time and day according to your local timezone. This reward was hence delivered at 10:37am on 11.11.2020. The Deliverer column shows you who marked the reward as delivered and the Sharer column which user received the reward.
If you have any questions regarding setting up the gamification features above, please reach out to your dedicated Customer Success specialist from Smarp!