Please note that the Email Newsletters feature is only visible if it has been enabled for your company Smarp domain. Reach out to your dedicated Customer Success specialist from Smarp for assistance.
When your company Smarp domain has acquired the Email Newsletters feature, it can be accessed from the Emails-button in the menu bar in Smarp. If you do not see an Email tab, then unfortunately your Smarp domain does not have the Email functionality enabled. Please note that only Company Admins can create email newsletters.
When you create an email, you will:
- use Smarp's Email editor to customize and design your email to include the content you want to share with your recipients
- add your recipients from your Smarp users by group, team or individual user OR upload a csv file with your recipients' information
- specify the email's subject and name that is shown to users in their email clients
- choose the time you want your email to be sent
You can find step-by-step instructions on how to create an email here.
Using the Email editor
You can create an email using our Email editor, which has been designed with ease of use in mind. After beginning to create a new email, the Email editor's right-side menu will allow you to:
- Add and edit content types
- Add and edit rows and ready-made templates
- Edit general settings for your email, including width, alignment, background color, font and link color.
You can add your Smarp users as recipients for your email by:
- choosing users from your Smarp domain by group, team or individual user name
- uploading a .csv file with information for external recipients not in your Smarp domain.
Specify Email information
Before sending your email, you can specify an internal name, a subject and a 'From' name for your email.
The internal name is visible only to you and other Smarp Admins in Smarp under the Emails-tab and can be used to help you remember what your email campaign was about. The subject of your email is the subject that is shown to all recipients in their email client when they receive your email. The 'From' name is the name that is shown to your recipients as the sender in their inboxes next to the sender email address.
The sender email address is always email@example.com and this cannot be changed.
Time to send!
On the last step of the Email creator choose the time that your email will be sent. You can choose to schedule your email for later or to send it right away. The time shown in Smarp is based on your computer's timezone.
On the last step you will also see a summary of the audience and settings for your email as well as what the email will look like for your chosen audience. If you want to change anything, you can click the 'Change'-buttons to go back to the previous steps.