Microsoft Teams is a cloud-based team collaboration tool that integrates the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and effective at work. Smarp integrates with Microsoft Teams to allow users to easily access their news feed that displays Smarp content. Users have to log in to Smarp to view their feed and share content.
How to set up the Smarp app on Teams
- Click Apps and search for Smarp
- Click on Smarp to open the app description page.
- Click Add
- Input your company subdomain and click 'Proceed to your feed'. You can find the subdomain for your company by looking at the URL you use to access Smarp. For example in acme.smarpshare.com, acme is the subdomain.
- Then click the 'Log in'-button and a new window will open where you will see your company Smarp domain's login page. Log in with your credentials like you do when accessing Smarp in a browser or on the mobile app.
- After having successfully logged in, your Smarp feed will load in Teams!
Users will be able to see both internal and external content from their Smarp feeds in Teams. They can also initiate sharing content by clicking on the social media icons under a post in Teams. This will prompt a new browser tab with the post sharing window of Smarp to open where the user can complete the share. If users are using Teams on their mobiles, clicking a sharing icon will open the Smarp mobile app.
If users want to exit the Smarp feed in Teams, they are able to navigate to the Settings option and click 'Log out'.